1/2 cup butter
1/2 Parkay Margarine
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp heavy cream
21/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup caramel bits
For icing: 1 cup icing sugar, 2 Tbsp lemon rind, lemon juice (Slowly add enough juice to icing sugar until a thick icing is made.
- Melt butter over med heat. Keep stirring until the butter has browned and has a nutty aroma. Be careful not to burn it. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat margarine, white and brown sugar together. Add cooled browned butter, mix well. Add egg and cream.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon and caramel bits.
- Cool batter in fridge for 30 mins.
- Using a spoon, scoop a small amount of batter and roll into a ball about 1 inch in diameter. Roll in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Evenly space balls on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 mins at 350F
- Cool on cookie sheet before putting on cookie racks.
- Once cool, drizzle lemon icing on cookies.